Cage BMS using proven technology provides a range of multi-bolt transitional MBT couplers to provide effective onsite solutions to mechanically splicing reinforcing bars.
Applications include repair, retrofit, precast and construction.
Designed to suit:
- Closure pours
- Column splicing
- Splicing to protrusions (eg. dowels)
- Splicing for extensions (eg. starter bars)
- Bridge works
- Meets or exceeds major international building code and Department of Transport requirements including AS3600 (Concrete Structures) and AS5100 (Bridge Code).
- Smaller than other bolted splices.
- Performs like a continuous piece of reinforcing bar.
- Meets slip criteria of less than 0.10mm
- Installs quick and easily using simple hand tools.
- Does not require specialised skilled labour.
- Allows for quick and simple visual inspection of correct installation.
- Can be used as a bar size reducer.
|BAR SIZE||OUTSIDE DIA.||LENGTH||BOLT QTY||BOLT SIZE||NET WEIGHT||ACTUAL TORQUE|
|20mm||45mm||191 mm||8||M14||1.8kg||250-270 N-m|
Larger sizes are available . Contact Cage BMS for further information
Simple 1-2-3 Installation
1. Insert the BOLT coupler over the reinforcing bar.
2. Tighten bolts from the centre to the end to secure onto the first reinforcing bar.
3. Repeat Steps 1 and 2 with the second reinforcing bar on the other side of the coupler.